This project was super easy and fast – cut two pallets down to size, stack them on top of one another and then mix up a batch of milk paint to paint the pallets. Lastly, add caster wheels for movability!
ESTIMATED TIME: A Day
- 4 or 5 pallets – depending upon the condition
- Drill/Driver plus assorted drill and screw bits
- Jigsaw or handsaw
- Multi sander or orbital sander plus 120- and 220-git sandpaper
- Wire nails
- Wood glue
You can find pallets all over the place. Used for carting heavy products such as bricks, tiles, timber and such, they’re normally dumped outside in the yard until the finally fall apart and get thrown away.
Being a big recycling nut, I am always on the lookout for ways to use pallets and this project is just one more way to recycle them into usable and practical furniture.
1. You want two good pallets for the top and bottom of the table. The reason I say that you should grap 4 to 5 pallets for this project is that not all pallets are in good condition and you may need to steal from one to make a completely decent one.
2. Use a hammer to loosen the planks and then hammer in wire nails to add planks here and there.