This kit contains five of our most popular self-tapping screws for Kreg Joinery™, secured in a durable easy-to-carry case. A great starter kit for anyone new to Kreg Joinery™.
- SPS-F1 (1″)
- SPS-C1 (1″)
- SML-F125 (11/4″)
- SML-C125 (11/4″)
- 75-count of:
- SML-C250B (21/2″)
- #8 – All SML coarse-threaded screws (with the exception of stainless).
- #7 – All SML fine-threaded screws and all SPS coarse-threaded screws.
- #6 – All SPS fine-threaded screws.
Click on the image below to see our Woodworking Article: Choosing the correct Kreg Screw.
Frequently Asked Question:
Question: Can I use any screw?
I wouldn’t use any other screw than a Kreg. The cost difference is relatively small, and their screws are far superior.
- Self-tapping tip reduces chances for splitting.
- Deep square drive never strips out.
- Very hard steel; i’ve never had one break off in the hole (the frustration from having this happen even once with another screw will have you thinking as I do almost immediately).
- They have a screw for everything.
- Threads only go up 1/2 the screw, this prevents the screw from pushing the two workpieces apart.
- (Maybe the most important) Kreg screws have a flat bottom head which creates a solid joint and prevents splitting. This is a major difference Kreg has over many others.
They are designed to be the best option for pocket joints. You may be able to go to a hardware store and buy similar screws at a better price, but be sure they have self-tapping threads.