This is the play kitchen I made for my daughter. I have no prior experience, so if I can do it anyone can.
published by Home-Dzine.co.za (baby andoo)
Everything was assembled using wood glue and screws. The hardest part was installing the hinges. That was trial and error. Well everything was trial and error.
You will need:
 305mm wide pine boards cut to 550mm lengths – frame
 305mm wide pine board cut to 506mm length – upright
 pine board 506mm x 200mm – fridge door
 pine board 305mm x 300mm – oven shelf
 pine board 100mm x 300mm – oven dial board
 pine board 305mm x 206mm – fridge shelf
 pine board 120mm x 15″ X 80mm – small shelf
 6mm supawood backing board 600mm x 800mm
 12mm supawood 380mm X 330mm – oven door
Multi sander and 180-grit sanding pads
4mm dia x 40mm & 3mm dia x 12mm cut screws
Drill/driver, 2mm wood bit and PZ2 screwdriver bit
Jigsaw and smooth cut blade
 bun feet
 Knife rack or magnetic strip
 Acrylic clear – oven door (or safety glass)
 standard hinges (fridge door) and  sliding hinges (oven door)
Magnetic door latch
 Mirror brackets
Coasters – hotplates
Stainless steel catering tray – sink
Sand all the boards before assembly
1. Start by making the frame by attaching the sides to the top and bottom using wood glue and cut screws. Measure in 250mm from the right side and draw a line for the upright. The upright is glued into position. Allow the glue to dry overnight.
2. Insert and attach the oven shelf and fridge shelf with wood glue and cut screws by screwing through the sides. Paint the oven dial board and screw on the bun feet. Attach in the same way. Make sure that all the screw heads are just below the surface of the wood so that they can be later filled in with wood filler.
3. Position the stainless steel tray on the top and measure around to cut out a hole using the jigsaw. You want the lip or rim of the bowl to rest on top of the board. Insert the tray (sink). The hotplates and shelf unit are attached once the unit has been painted.
4. Attach the backing board with small cut screws.
5. Fill in any holes with wood filler and let dry. Sand smooth with 180-grit sanding paper; wipe clean. Paint the mini-kitchen using acrylic paint in your choice of colour, and paint the fridge door in a contrasting colour.
6. Affix the perspex or glass to the back of the oven door using mirror brackets and small screws. Attach the hinges to the door and frame, as well as the magnetic catch. You can also now attach hinges to the fridge door and frame.
Lastly, attach the handles, glue on the hotplates and any other details that you would like to add. The taps were created out of PVC plumbing pipes.